Sunday, August 14, 2005

Great day at the Salvation Army

Today was a lovely day - one I'm sure will remain in the memory of many young kids attending the Salvation Army in Dubbo.

It was "renewal day" for the seven Junior Soldiers in our Corps - a time when each Junior Soldier renews their original promises made when they first became Junior Soldiers. We also had a new Junior Soldier enrolled - Nicola Ferguson. All the kids that attended tdoay (15 or so) participated in a couple of dance and timbrel items. It was very cool.

There are visible signs that growth in the Dubbo Corps is strong. The ministry for the young'ns has been very effective, thanks to good leaders (like Sarah Radburn and my own lovely Janene). There are a more kids involved in the church now than I can ever remember, and participation and extra-curricular activities are increasing. The change in each of this kids makes evident that God is at work here.

Today marked another milestone for the Brass Band. Janene and I felt our confidence was at a level where we could play a duet during the meeting. We played Prayer Gently Lifts Me along to Peter McBride's piano accompaniment CD.

I'll spend this afternoon (Sunday) writing two or three more duets, since we plan to play at least once during every meeting from here on in.

Caleb is also doing great on his trumpet. I've written a simple harmony for Jesus Loves Me for him to play along with me. He is playing so well for an 8 year old, I will be very surprised if he doesn't end up being a top-notch musician, cos I sense he has raw talent!

When I think that he probably wouldn't have ever discovered music without my encouragement, I realise that I am in the right ministry. I'm really enjoying doing what I'm doing, even if it IS taking it's sweet time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site mogsta, I found to be very interesting. When I was searching for Abvi yours was the most eyecatching. While working on my site Abvi I have been seeking ways to make it better and found yours to be helpful. Thanks!