Thursday, August 04, 2005

Plans for the future

It's always good to have goals. Long term... medium term and short term!

I am aspiring towards many goals, and right now I need to pause to write them down. What better place than my blog? Anyone else reading this can remind me of these goals and query me to where I'm at with achieving them.

Here are some of them:

SHORT TERM:
  • Finish all computer-related jobs - namely the Job Seekers database and Dubbo Sports World website.

  • Finish the joins on the outside of the house, ready for painting.

  • Cement the borders for the new gardens and create the cement/rock area under the clothesline.

  • Think deeply and seriously about joining the Dubbo Brass Band.

  • Have the new worship band playing in the church service regularly.


MEDIUM TERM
  • Start accumulating tools, and practice skills needed for Instrument Repair.

  • Debut with my cornet in church, with Janene on flugel.

  • Find another band member to learn tuba or euphonium.

  • Find a pianist for the worship band.

  • Put a roof on the kids' cubby house.


LONG TERM
  • Re-assess my career. Decide what I want to do for the next 10 years or more.

  • Complete the renovations and start looking for rural acreage.

  • Have a bus for church and be doing the run ever Sunday morning to collect kids for Sunday School.


Those lists are looking a bit heavy. I better stop there! More than likely the Short Term goals will work their way onto the Long Term goals list... but at least I have jotted down my aspirations for the future.

Now, only to achieve them!

No comments: