Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Online traineeship!

FINALLY, a positive outcome to my months of email-sending all over the earth.

On Monday morning I opened up my email to find a reply to an earlier email I sent out. It came from Johnny Paul's instrument repair shop, and it was his wife (Jeanan), basically offering to teach me everything they know via email, pictures etc.

This is excellent news and I'm really happy :D

So far, we've already exchanged two lengthy emails regarding what I'll need to get started and what kind of things are best to start working on.

Because I have the tools needed, Jeanan Paul (the wife of the guy) is going to have me learn how to soft solder with 60/40 solder. I've got a little checklist of extra tools and stuff I need to outfit my workshop to the point where I can start doin some real work.

Jeanan also suggests I get a stack of old clarinets to start practicing on. I'll have to keep my eye out for some on ebay.

Well, I'm keeping a folder of all her instructions, so I can quickly reference them later. And now, it's time to start cleaning up my workshop!

No comments: