Saturday, October 22, 2005

"I'm still here"

Tonight on the farm, while packing my things into the back of the car, I was alone in the dark and after finishing what I was doing, I suddenly felt compelled to gaze at the sky. It was awesome! It seemed so clear and beautiful and at that moment a single line of How Great Thou Art echoed in my mind: I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder. Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

While I stood there, in awesome wonder I uttered to a prayer, a simple question "Heavenly Father... where are you?". Immediately, perfectly queued, and in my direct vision a bright shooting star dashed across the sky. It still gives me a chill remembering it.

These are the simple, profound moments where God offers a response to remind me of His presence in my life. They don't come every day, I've learnt to not ask for them every day. But they come often enough to keep me certain I serve a living God.

Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.


Amen!

No comments: