Friday, October 07, 2005

Goodbye G'ma

My dear grandmother exited the dim Hallway of Time last night, and I hope I'm right in thinking I'll meet her again on that Celestial Shore.

Grandma had been suffering for a while in her palliative care unit, knowing full well that where she lay was indeed her death bed. It was a terrible drawn out ordeal for her and for the family too, but she drew her last breath on the night of Thursday, 6th October 2005. She had relatives at hand to bid her farewell, which was important to her - she was very scared of what was happening.

Rest In Peace Grandma. Although I didn't spend a lot of time with you over the past few years I do love you. I know enough too, just by the photographs that decorate your shelves, that you really loved me, my brother and sister, and my cousins and our children (your great grandkids).

No comments: