Friday, July 07, 2006

Just... things

An entry about nothing in particular

I'm sure if I had something greatly important to announce the headline would have already drawn a large readership. However, I was just sitting here tonight pondering upon... things. With nothing else to do, I decided to write what I'm writing now in my blog.

Indoor Cricket
We played indoor cricket tonight, and most of the team were absent (as has been the case this past season). We managed to field a team of 6 against a full team of mighty Nunfa warriors (someone needs to call them that... just for encouragement). We did what we could with 6 players but we only managed 1 skin and we lost the game by about 15 runs.

God Stuff
After cricket, I arrived home in the dark driveway with Sons of Korah playing on the CD player. I stayed in the car, closed my eyes and listened to their beautiful musical/lyrical interpretation of Psalm 73. It was a peaceful time alone with God. I need more moments like these!

I took the time to read this Psalm just now - yet another thing I need more of! The Psalm is by Asaph (another Psalmist with David) and reading it rang very true with my experience and the words answered a cry in my own heart. Amazing how God works...

Psalm 73 ends with these 5 beautiful verses (though it's worth reading all 28):

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.

28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

1 comment:

Keasty said...

Thanks for the psalm Brett. You never know who will turn up! I'm a Sons of Korah fan also, as is my married daughter who lives in Sydney. I'm currently travelling through north america, having left Sydney 1 Feb.
Hey, I'm an avid cricket follower too!
I'll come back and read you some more. God bless you.