Monday, June 20, 2005

Christian School choir blits Eisteddfod

They did it!

This morning Janene, Clayton and I all went to watch Eli perform in the local Eisteddfod under the category of Kindergarten-Year 2 Choir. Theirs was the smallest choir of the seven choirs that competed, and they sang "Way Back to God" followed by "These Are a Few of My Favourite Things". They sounded beautiful... as did a few of the other choirs. But the final judgement was that the K-2 choir from the Christian school won the trophy, and Eli will get a certificate. I'm so proud!!

It was pretty exciting seeing my little nipper up there singing so wonderfully. He was extremly serious and focused - a side to Eli that I don't often see!

One important things I noticed too is that the Dubbo Christian School's choir was the only one that took the opportunity to sing a spiritual song/hymn. None of the other Christian-based schools did that! It's my personal belief that every opportunity should be made to set yourself apart from the rest of the world and shine a light in whatever you do... even in a school eisteddfod. I'm very pleased with the strong biblical emphasis in the DCS curriculum... they rock!

No comments: