Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A whole lot to say

Eli (Stradavarius) Phillips

Finally, after a month of waiting, the violins for Mitchell and Eli that I bought off ebay have arrived from the USA. They're groovy little items, and I spent last night tuning them and putting a coat of rosin on their little bows.

I had no idea that these quarter size violins were so cute and tiny! I'll be posting a photo of Eli soon with violin in hand... and under chin.

It's a long road ahead, and the next few weeks will really determine whether he's built to be a musician or not. I imagine violin is possibly one of the more difficult instruments to learn, so if anything, Eli will learn some patience.

I'm looking for a third kid now so that I can have enough children to start a group lesson at the Macquarie Conservatorium. On Thursday I'll ask Melissa from church if she would like to let little Meg have a go. I think she'd be perfect for violin :D

Meanwhile, I've pulled out my violin too and am determined to make some use of it.




Blue walls

Well the builder has completed the majority of the outside of the house, as well as my office and the kids' playroom. These rooms are like new, and the outside is ready to render over the top. But now the builder has had to move on to another job, and he won't be back until October! So we're back in our half-renovated house and we're pottering around, doing the odd painting job, patching job, decorating job etc. It's all lookin pretty good, but it aint easy to find time to do what we want when we've got kids at our feet. And on the rare occasion when they're not there, we just wanna enjoy the silence and sleep in or drink coffee.

The outside is now covered with the fibro-cement sheeting (called Harditex) that is a bright blue colour. It actually looks kinda trendy, though I don't think we'll settle on that colour :-)




RAIN!!

Most Aussies would be aware that my part of Australia is in a serious drought. We haven't had good, regular rainfall for years and it's taking its toll on the environment and the industries (farming etc) that rely heavily on it.

However, just recently we had a beautiful couple of days with showers and occasional heavy falls. Some areas got more than others, Mum and Dad's farm got about 20mm all up. That should give the feed crops a kick along, and keep things fresh.

No comments: