Monday, June 27, 2005

Divine intervention?

Telly takes a tumble...
Yesterday the kids wanted to keep turning the TV on and off and on and off... you know, like kids do? So I pulled the plug from the wall to hilight my authority in such things. Well this afternoon Janene decided to plug it back in and let Clayton watch a video while she rested her bulbously throbbing face (see blog entry below). To her surprise the TV didn't respond even after being plugged back in.

What's this mean folks? NO TV!? I'm sorry to say so... (or am I?).

Actually, I can almost visualise the effect already. Give it a week and Eli will no longer be able to recite The Incredibles word for word like he has been. Clayton may find a new game to play, like colouring in or trains, instead of running around the house screaming "SPIDERMAAAAAAN!". Janene's thumb won't be sore from flicking the remote in an effort to find a decent show on monday night TV. And me... I might not be in a state of rage over the level of smut, blasphemy, poor humour and general garbage that would usually emanate from that radioactive tube.

You know what? I'm in no rush to get it fixed. In fact, I actually enjoyed a cup of coffee with Janene tonight as we both sat on the lounge together reading current editions of The Warcry. I think we otherwise would have been watching some crappy, media-biased 60 Minutes presentation.

God bless TV-lessness... (and He will!)

1 comment:

timss said...

You made nice choice. As about myself, I gave away my TV.