Friday, February 11, 2005

Home alone

This evening Eli and Clayton were palmed off to Grandma and Pa. They left before Janene came to pick me up at work.

After leaving work, we went to music group, which was our first group lesson in the new year. It was attended by myself, Janene, Linda and Don. For a first week back after a long holiday, I say we played surprisingly well!

Following the group lesson, I stayed back as usual for my private lesson. It's amazing what the most minute adjustments to my embouchure can make to the quality of the sound made with my cornet! Chris Harrison (my teacher) is remarkable the way he can hear my sound and tell me exactly what I need to do to make it much cleaner.

---

So Janene and I were alone for the evening and planned to get stuck into the demolition task at hand as soon as we could. But before we could do that, we had to savour the moment of temporary childlessness. We hired 2 videos - Around the World in 80 Days (Jackie Chan) and Big Fish.

We went and bought some chinese food from Jimmy's Kitchen, cos he rocks. We went home and pigged out while watching the Jackie movie. I was surprised to find it was a cool movie, and very funny. I kinda expected the worst and got something pretty close to the best.

Apart from that time with Janene, that's about as romantic as we could get, considering how tired we were. So we went to sleep ready for a big day tomorrow.

*

No comments: