Thursday, February 10, 2005

Less walls, more money

Tear down the walls!
Janene got a call the other day from John Parker (the builder), who informed us he has a spare week next week. He will attempt to make as much progress as possible on the kitchen walls so that they are prepared, ready to go for the new kitchen.

To save money, John told us we can rip off all the wall panels in the kitchen and laundry so that he doesn't have to do it. There is asbestos in the wall, so we'll do as much as we're comfortable with.

Salary sweetner...
After sending an email to Tim the other day expressing my frustration with my salary, and the fact that it hasn't been reviewed since I start work for Panscott 20'ish months ago, he replied by calling me to a meeting today.

In our private meeting, Tim was apologetic for being forgetful about reviewing my pay, and subsequently bumped my pay up to $40k, which is going to ease the burden of our current financial situation.

Somehow, I spent the rest of the day on a bit of a high, and already feel a renewal of my original love for my job! Yippeeee :-) It's not the extra money, but the recognition of my worth that makes me feel good about things again.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hey congratulations mate!