Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Oh whatta night

FIRSTLY & MOST IMPORTANTLY!
8 Years!
Janene and I have been married that long! Sucked in to the divorce statistics :D I'm proud to be in one of the very few surviving marriages... and I think back to my critics who told me I was too young to get engaged those many years ago (nearly 10 years ago).


Janene and I have been together since 11-11-1993 (i.e. 11 long years!)

My midnight dash...
At around 12:30pm, while lightning flashed crazily around our skies and thunder followed in roaring support, I was awoken by the sounds of hail on our tin roof.

Now we love our car so much that we fill our shed with useless junk and leave the car in the driveway. So I sprang out of bed, Janene too, and she hands me one of the spare doonas and I rush outside in the pouring rain and still-light hail to cover the car. The theory was that the hail wouldn't damage the car so bad if we had something big and soft on it.

So I finally get the doona spread out evenly on the car, and it's already soaked through, just like me. Then I realise the hail has ceased, and looking at the ground I see maybe a dozen pea-sized hail stones. WOW! So I laugh to myself and go back inside, change my clothes and go back to bed.

It was a really crazy lightning show though! Lots of very bright lightning in a constant fashion, with the odd bolt striking somewhere nearby.

Bradsta's in a (toe) jam...
Brad stayed home today. Mostly because of his toe, but I bet if we were still doing DCN he'd have soldiered into work to complete the task at hand. However, the workload we have at this stage doesn't call for much in the way of heroics. Though we're starting to see a few ads come in now.

Eli a typical Phillips...
Need to snap him out of it fast, but Eli is already getting sent to stand against the wall and out the door, according to his teacher. I think it might be a case of over-excitement, and I'm sure a lot of other kids are finding it the same. We'll keep an eye on this and make sure he settles in soon.

Superman stays over...
Tonight Eli was Superman. He was wearing his red cape and consistently refered to us by name (Janene and Brett). He told us that he was in Dubbo to save people, and that he lives in Africa. He asked could he sleep over at our place because Africa was a long way away.

We let him stay.

Meanwhile, it's a cold night following last night's storms. We're rugged up in winter pyjamas and will sleep under the blankets tonight. This tonight, where the last few nights we've been so hot that the fans have been going and we're sleeping on top of our doona with minimal clothing. Strange weather. I love it!

No comments: