Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Thunder threatens blog entry!

Lightning fast typing...
As I type, there are white flashes pouring through the gaps in my office curtains. These are the thunderstorms that the local news reporter warned about. We haven't had much more than a few specks of rain though at this stage.

The day itself...
Today started with a rush to get ready and get both Clayton and Eli to their respective destinations, and then Janene and I getting ourselves to work.

As we were getting into the car, I noticed Eli's shirt wasn't tucked in. I said "Eli, you have to tuck your shirt in for school you know!?", to which he replied "No! The girls don't!!" Smiling, I informed him that "The girls wear dresses mate, not shirts."

Then at work we had a fairly quiet sort of day, though we did get the chance to do a few ads. We're finally talking about uniforms too. Let's hope we all have fair input so that everybody's opinion is heard, and ultimately they all agree with ME! I'm thinking a light orange/brown (or "camel") shirt with v.dark green pants.

THE PLATE SELLS!
The auction for the commemorative plate closed today, and I was extremely nervous leading up to the close, as there was still only the one opening bid of $175. I thought that was all I'd get. Even 5 mins before close I hit refresh and still nothing more.

So I had left it at that, and went and played some more Cricket 2004. When I came back, it turns out some very keen antiques dealer snipered the lone bidder with a big maximum bid that out-did the other guy. So the winning bid and final selling price was $256! YIPPEEE.

COME ON DOWN! Time to sign off, and as I do so the rain has finally started to fall, and it smells BEAUTIFUL! Thanks Lord, I love the simple things you do :D

No comments: