Saturday, February 05, 2005

What a nice day

Plenty achieved...
It was the kinda day you can look back and and be satisfied it wasn't wasted. Thanks to the kids, we were awake around 7am (earlier for Janene, who went back to bed after I took over).

Mum and Dad came into town and Tim Newby came over and we helped dad go and load a huge bird avairy onto the back of Dad's ute. It was heavy, and apparently it took 5 people to move it last time. Well, us three strapping lads moved it about 20 meters and up and onto the ute without needing further assistance. We did it all in our stride without pulling a single muscle :-)

After that, we had lunch while Mum, Janene and Clayton went out and bought stuff down the street. They came back and Clayton fell asleep on his feet and nearly fell over and donked his head... but I caught him.

So I put Clayton to bed and the girls went out again. Dad and I checked the boxing on my cementing project, then I cleaned the gutters on the roof while Tim and Eli played cricket.

After our lunches and after mum and dad went home, we all jumped in the car and went out to Tim's house (out of town) and enjoyed a cuppa. We checked out their self-built extension on the house. They've done a very good job and only needed one professional tradesman in the whole process (the wall plasterer).

That trip encouraged me to have a go of things a bit more, even if it's not a spic job, it'll be good experience.

So I got home and I finished the cementing of my garden edges, and I used the leftover cement to patch up some gaps in Eli and Clayton's cubbyhouse-to-be.

They played in the sand for a while longer and Janene cooked a lovely dinner, then we all sat together and enjoyed it :-)

The day wasn't complete without a practice on my cornet! And somehow, I even managed to fit that in... a good day all in all.

No comments: