Monday, January 17, 2005

Byootiful Rain!

What a start to Monday!
After a long hot weekend, there's no better way to wake up to work on Monday thank to the gentle chorus of raindrops on the tin roof. The freshness of the moist air helped me spring out of bed smiling even before the alarm had the opportunity to force me up.

So I got ready quickly and quiety (so as not to wake my happily sleeping family and visitors) and walked to work in the cool morning.

Brad was quite the opposite, managing to sleep too long - as did the rest of his family - and rock up to work nearly half an hour late! OOOOH WAH! *frown*

We're goin to the Zoo...
Janene and our visitors were planning a trip to the Western Plains Zoo today. It's a popular tourist attraction, but for the locals, even twice a year can be too often, as monkeys can only do so many funny things before they get boring.

My Nightmare...
Last night I had a terrible dream. For some weird reason or another, I had the task of hacking off my cat's head to put it at rest. Problem being was that I only had a steel ruler; not the ideal implement for quickly and cleanly removing heads.

After heaps of hacking and trying to get the cat to stand still, I finally got the head removed, albeit very messily. In the moments before dying, the cat caused me more guilt and sadness by licking my hand and being nice. I cried and stuff...

Another weird part of this dream was that to complete a successful execution, I had to crumble up a cigarette and sprinkle the dry tobacco on the cat's wound. Weird huh? Though makes a lotta sense when you consider the poisonous crap in cigarettes. (I hate cigarettes and smoking in general, okay?)

Well, I don't even have a cat at the moment. We had three, but they "mysteriously" disappeared about the time we had some idiotic neighbours move in up the road. They liked to use our street as a drag strip, so it's no wonder all three cats went AWOL at the same time.

We've decided we won't get another puddy-tat until we get outta town. That way no stoopid tomnoddy can satisfy his dislike for a particular creature at our loss and distress.

I can cope when somebody hates cats (there seem to be a lot of cat-haters in Australia... what about in other parts of the world? Comments please). But when people take it upon themselves to injure or kill another person's pet, it makes me rather mad.

I wouldn't spray someone's pet cockroach with fly spray, even if I think roaches are disgusting. Or would I? Hmmm... no I wouldn't.

No comments: