Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Slow and steady

At my desk...
It's a nice quiet Tuesday. Sure we've got enough ads to design, but it's an eerie feeling not being stressed and pushed to the limit like when we were doing the weekly newspaper (Dubbo City News). I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not a bludger - and trying to find other things to do in the moments when there's no work on my desk.

I found a real cool URL that has a lot of old documents, photos and (of particular interest to me) sheet music scanned in and archived! Check it out: http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/ It's all old american stuff, but there's a lotta very interesting information archived there.

Janene has volleyball tonight, so I'll be hangin around the house with the visitors and the kids.

Burn, baby, BURN!
I got my DVD burner yesterday. It's a lovely 16 speed Lite-On, and can write dual layers, so it stores up to 8.5 gigs of data! Schweeeeeet! Totally.

I'm very slowly saving all my digital videos onto the computer and creating DVDs. This is gonna be a way long process, cos I've got something like fifty 90 minute tapes.

No comments: