Monday, January 24, 2005

Staring at the monitor

Why am I here?
I'm sitting in front of my PC tonight and thinking "Hmmm... what should I do... Maybe check my email? No, I did that 9 seconds ago. Perhaps check to see if I got another 5 cents from Google Ads since my last check 12 minutes ago. Or maybe somebody bid on my plate on Ebay in the last hour?"

Life's a bit like that at the moment. I'm finding less and less reason and desire to use the Internet. I get enough of computers at work, and by the time I get home and do other stuff, there's little reason to use this PC, except maybe to blog.

Even television has lost my attention. It's a pity it's so hot outside, or I'd do something useful with myself.

Otherwise, a few things did happen today worth mentioning.

Kath's outta here...
Panscott's receptionist/photographer Kath Bruce has decided to make the move to Newcastle with her boyfriend, who starts uni this year. She's leaving Panscott Media and has a couple of interviews at The Herald (big NC newspaper). Good luck to her...

In light of Panscott's new coasty workload, there's no immediate plans to replace Kath. Though we'll soon see how long we can cope with that decision.

Gimme money!
We're going through the daunting process of refinancing our mortgage and getting a few (or should I say HEAPS OF) extra dollars to pay for some extensive renovations. We have a pile of contracts to read, sign and post back in a short amount of time.

I'm thinking there's about the equivalent of one Indonesian rainforest tree in that pile of paper. Poor monkeys!

Salvos' wrestle with pizza...
We had an early game this week. Tonight at 6:30pm against Eagle Boys Pizza. Unluckily for us there were only two of us there on time, the other guys arrived around 6:45, which made the opposition a little mad, since it meant we had to bat first regardless of them winning the toss and electing to bat.

But they got their revenge in the end, taking one skin and the game (3 points). It's called a "Win" for them, even though we won the other three skins, which also gives us a total of 3 points. So in points, it was a draw.

Eli came along to watch tonight and made a new friend (a kid of one of the opposition players). He behaved rather well and had a good time. I'm still really looking forward to the day we can play in the same team :-)

And sadly, it was my cousin Joe Daly's last game for the Salvos. I gave him some Todd Agnew music to take with him, in the hope it'll keep him in touch with things of the Faith.

No comments: