Friday, January 28, 2005

Wonky Friday

Sleeplessnessness...
After another night of very little sleep, I went to work feeling fairly horrible. My legs, back and head were throbbing and panadol seemed to do very little. It felt like I was gonna black out.

Actually, later I realised that the blackout feeling was similar to when I am going to slip into a cataleptic state, which is scarey. Imagine doing that while you're standing! I don't know if I'd freeze on the spot like a statue in the White Witch's courtyard, or if I'd crash to the ground in an awkward blob.

Pizza Party...
Janene's sister Teena and kids (Ben and Melanie) came over tonight to eat pizza with us and watch a movie. Jeff was in Nyngan driving somebody's horse in the harness racing, which he managed a photo-finish 2nd place.

We watched Treasure Planet.

Off to bed...
I'm nervous about going to bed. Even though in the past I've gone into and always managed to come out of a cataleptic state, it's a scarey feeling. It's like being dumped over a bridge into the river bound and gagged, and even though you're know somebody's coming to untie you in time, you struggle desperately anyway. (Wait a minute, that's never happened to me...)

I know that this catalepsy thing can usually only happen to me when I'm lying on my back, so I'll be sleeping on my belly or side tonight! I feel vulnerable.

No comments: