Friday, January 21, 2005

Sayin farewell

Cuzes leaving town...
We went to a BBQ party thing for Dave and Joe Daly tonight out at Aunty Di's house. Dave and Joe are both leaving Dubbo over the next few weeks, starting with Joe next week.

Tonight it was weird to see all my younger cousins looking so mature and grown up. It's even scarey! Brock, Sharelle, Michael, Ben, Joe... Then my nephews Andrew, Caleb and Mitchell also arrived at the party. They're growing so fast too - and to watch them playing with Eli and Clayton, it's just like watching life in fast forward. Better enjoy this NOW!

Dave will be going to Jerilderie to take up his new post in the Ambulance service. He's been an ambo now for around 12 months, and has finished his probationary training. Since he has a love for the town of Albury, he decided to try and get as close to there as he can. Jerilderie is about 150km from Albury.

I imagine it's going to be tough for him though, because he's leaving his girlfriend (who he plans to marry) behind. Tanya will stay in Dubbo and continue her studies in Early Childhood at CSU uni.

Joe (looking as grown up as ever) is moving to the Gold Coast, QLD where he's taking a job installing light fittings in motels, new apartments etc. Joe has always been the hardest worker of all the boys. Dave is a very hard worker too... and Mike is quite the opposite, though now that he's finally got a career (banking), he's maturing.

I wish the best for all of them. I hope they keep in contact and I can continue to have some positive influence on them as they grow into men.

Sis and mob...
Meanwhile, Juanita has decided that she wants to come and live back in Dubbo. She'll fly back to Perth to try and sell her house and hopes to be back in March to find work and rent a house.

Stan went looking for a job today and basically got work wherever he looked (truck machanic). He got offered work at Swane's Trucks, Dubbo Coaches and Nolan's Transport. He's a very confident bloke, which would come across well to an employer.

All the boys seem happy enough with the idea of coming back to Dubbo. I'm excited about the prospect of having more to do with my three nephews' lives. Young lives are SO important, like wet cement. Now's the time to leave a positive impression before they "set".

I thank God for this new opportunity to do this with these guys. And I thank God for that same opportunity with Dave, Mike and Joe.

Jumanji...
Eli started watching Jumanji at the party. Now at 11:09pm he is still awake and tells me "Dad, I never want to see that movie again! Ask Aunty Di to never show me it ever again." I think it was a little tooo scarey for my little 5 year old nipper. Poor fellah.

Also...
Lots of sirens tonight. It's a hot night too... but I'm just glad there's no party next door. I'd rather listen to trains and sirens than stupid 90s rock.

No comments: